Where are the apps?

Yes, I checked the path which is correct and I am not using any other software...

@henk_kuipers: My CBT was listed under /dev/ttyACM0 which is where all my serial devices seem to show up (Ninja Sphere, USB 56k modem etc.). I'm on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with no other software (that I know of) connecting to the CBT

Hi Grayda, the path in of the serial device is not the problem. The node.js app runs and creates the pipe /tmp/cbtbus1 correctly. Also, when the path to the serial device is incorrect, the node.js app won't start, which it does. There seems to be some problem with the rights / access but haven't figured out what.

administrators

What platform are you on @henk? I made some updates to the code, give it another go and maybe try running node with sudo if you're on unix.

@Derek I am running it on OSX Yosemite, npm version 2.7.5, node v0.12.2 and I cloned the latest code today. The problem is the node app starts up when I run: node index.js /dev/cu.usbmodem411
and it returns:
Socket bound: /tmp/cbtbus1
Socket bound: /tmp/cbtbus2
Socket bound: /tmp/cbtbus3
Logging enabled on all three busses
But then it exits, without any error message. It should stay running shouldn't it? The cbtbus1-3 files are created in /tmp.
Somehow, there is a problem in my environment :-/ I tried it with a friend on another OSX machine and it ran fine.

Any update on the apps? I can see there is being worked on but while some may be able (and willing) to generate their own apps from code I would be more interested in trying one of the finished ones. Either Windows or Mac would be fine.

Guus

administrators

@henk_kuipers‌ That's odd, I'm testing on node 0.12.0 I'll try 0.12.2

Had a look at the apps. I've got two old XP laptops for fiddling with my cars. Is there only a 64 bit windows version?

Guus

@Derek, switched to Windows 8.1 64 bit. Works well!

Looks like your connection to CANBus Triple was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.