Power CBT on 12v
  • the wiring diagrams show CBT 2 first pins are 12+VDC and ground, how ever when I connect those the CBT is never powered, only way to power is via USB cable.

Am I missing something or is that expected behaviour ?

• If you accidentally short the +12v and GND pins the switch that controls the power source will break and the only way to power the device will be USB.

• I power both of my CBT on 12v power.

• administrators

@jpsimos I swear that DC regulator had reverse polarity protection but I should revisit the data sheet.

Also you're repaired unit is on it's way, it may have already arrived!

• I'm 99% sure I have not accidentally switched gnd/pwr.
    I studied pinout thoroughly before connecting.

Who / where is the board assembled, factory or in garage ? I ask cause I know how tricky smc can be before final cooking.

Any tips on how to debug 12v powering ? Cause if I've received a faulty board I'd want that fixed. Had to move on to self constructed hardware since CBT wasn't working correctly on HW and kind of SW (which is fixable) level.

• Well, can now confirm, nothing happens with 12+ (max 2A) on VCC and GND pins... board is never powered so i was prepared to kill this thing, so I reversed VCC and GND and got some bzzz and awesome smell of fried hardware.

I honestly gotta admit, this purchase was a big flop, just too many things thats left to "trial-n-error".

For anyone else looking in buyin CBT, I deeply recommend, get some MCP25xx on your own, a arduino and you're better off with example sketches available from the community. It will most definitely be much cheaper and less headaches.

The idea was good but yeah...

Views