CBT Turned on my Check Engine light
  • I don't know if I did something incorrectly or not, but after connecting my CBT to my OBDII port in my 2015 subaru impreza my check engine light turned on and my cruise control indicator is flashing. Anyone have any why this may have happened, or how to fix it?

• Update
    I disconnected the negative lead on my battery for about 10 min, and the check engine and other lights turned off.

-- Another note: it wasn't just the check engine light and cruise control indicator that were illuminated. The traction control, abs, and other indicators had also turned on. On top of this, the tachometer and speedometer were unresponsive while the CBT was connected. --

I tried connecting the CBT again using the OBDII connector and had the same results as the first time. I am able to capture packets, but it is annoying to have to disconnect the battery after each use.

• I had the same issue except with my 2015 Nissan Rogue. I found that if I plug in the the usb cable to my laptop first, then attach to car, and then turn on the car this can be prevented. Now I just gotta get rid of that pesky DTC I set the first time =P.

• Your sequence worked for me one time, but not the next. I'll have to play around with it some more.

As far as your DTC, if you haven't already figured it out. I found this:
    http://forums.nicoclub.com/how-to-reset-ecu-clear-dtc-codes-t445684.html

I don't know if it will work for the 2015, but it's worth a shot if you can spare the time.

The problem I am now facing is that I cannot access the low-speed CAN. I think I have tapped (soldered) into the right set of wires, but the CBT doesn't seem to pick up the signal

Views