Ports, wiring, etc. v.s. Beta hardware
  • Should software for the beta hardware "just work" on the production model?

I have no idea what CAN1SELECT and CAN1RESET map to - I know they are buried somewhere across many directories and files but it is a pain finding them, can you just give the actual mapping somewhere? I have enough trouble with Arduino translating them from a pin on a port, but then a second layer just makes things really hard.

The schematic isn't complete - not all the wires are there, and there is no document with all the port/bit assignments. It makes it really hard to program if I don't use the library.

I'm not sure if either of my boards even works. You don't have an "autobaud and dump traffic on all three" which at least would show it working.

One more problem - the USB on a normal port doesn't request enough power, it needs 12v hooked up or I get an infinite boot loop. The leds are very dim in either case.

• https://github.com/tz1/CANBus-Triple
    I've updated CANBusTriple_Diag to print any traffic on any of the ports. It is set to 250K (I'm doing J1939).
    It is stand-alone, minimalist, i.e. doesn't use any libraries.
    (the third can port was missing messages but seems to be fixed now)

• OK, here are the mappings:
    C(hip select), R(eset), I(nterrupt), CAN port, AVR pin, "Digital Pin"
    <pre><code>C1 PB5 9
    R1 PD4 4
    I1 PD0 3
    C2 PB6 10
    R2 PD6 12
    I2 PD0 2
    C3 PC6 5
    R3 PB7 11
    I3 PE6 7
    </code></pre>
    You have to enable clkout from the first MCP2515 since it drives the other two.

Views